Two-days of Experiential training workshops with Fiona Charles, 10th and 11th October
- We are delighted to be able to offer you the rare opportunity to take part in two days of experiential training workshops with the renowned international speaker and testing expert Fiona Charles on 10th and 11th October at the Macdonald Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh. Only 24 places are available each day so be quick if you want to book a place for yourself or some of your team. Fiona’s sessions are highly interactive and thought provoking and are always well received.
- The workshops on offer are
- Monday 10th Inspiring Testing
- A leader sets an example and inspires others to follow and then to lead in their turn. You don’t have to be a manager to be a leader-but if you’re not also a leader, you can’t be a good manager. In this full-day interactive workshop, we’ll examine the key focus areas for test leaders, and work together to identify the skills and personal qualities essential for exceptional test leadership.
- Tuesday 11th Mind, Map & Strategy (Morning)
- A test strategy is the set of big-picture ideas embodying the overarching direction or design of a test effort. It’s the significant values that will inspire, influence and ultimately drive your testing, and the overall decisions you have made about ways and means of delivering on those values. In this session, we will walk through an example to illustrate how a mindmap can be used effectively for a test strategy, and you will have the opportunity to practice developing and presenting you own mind-mapped strategies.
- Modelling Test Scenarios with Data (Afternoon)
- Many test efforts depend on scenarios that represent real sequences of transactions and events. Scenarios are important tools for finding problems that matter to stakeholders in business applications and integrated solutions. Often, they are essential for business acceptance, because they encapsulate test ideas in a format that is meaningful for business users and easy for them to understand and review.
- Full details of the workshops
One day – Early Bird £200 otherwise £250
Both days – Early Bird £350 otherwise £400