Results Driven Testing – or how a bank changed its testing approach, Jean-Paul Varwijk, Rabobank
From 2010 onwards a change has taken place within the software development at Rabobank International. The development process changed from an essentially waterfall method to a method where the use of agile practices is central. The software testers not only went along with these changes. They were often at the forefront of these changes.
In this talk I want to show:
- How the testers at Rabobank International adapted to a new context.
- How they gradually changed their testing approach by following courses on Rapid Software Testing and agile testing.
- How they have enhanced their skills and knowledge of testing by forming work groups and performing testing dojos and workshops.
- How they while doing all this still are able to fulfil the growing regulatory demands of the financial world.
As a member of the lateral test management group I have been co-author of a completely rewritten testing policy. A testing policy that is applicable in different business lines, encompasses all of the mentioned changes and could potentially form a reference for other companies to follow.
Jean-Paul Varwijk is a Test Analyst at Rabobank International where he tests and manages testing of a variety of products such as Data Warehouses and Credit Risk Models. At Rabobank he participates in a number of lateral and multi-lateral workgroups on test policy, test improvement, tool strategy and he organizes intervision sessions on testing. Next to his work at Rabobank he is owner of Arborosa. Where he coaches testers and gives training and advice on software testing.
Jean-Paul is a member the TestNet Agile workgroup and the TestNet training and coaching workgroup, he is a member of the Dutch Exploratory Workshop on Testing (DEWT), he regularly speaks and provides tutorials at conferences and is an active promoter to follow other testers’ blogs and tweets.
- Tuesday 8th October 2013
- Doors Open 12:30
- BNY Mellon, 12 Blenheim Place, EH7 5JH
Registration is now open at: http://stg2013edinburgh.eventbrite.com